1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Long lost motivation...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Marshall, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

...has come back!

The loss didn't just relate to Hubs death but also through half shoulder replacement, problems at work, etc, etc. It has lasted some eighteen months:(

I don't know where it has suddenly come from - no new drugs. I have left it a week or so before posting as I wanted to be sure it was back. It's still not totally there and I am still very tired and not sleeping great. I am eating better and my ulcerative colitis is more under control (probably through use of steroids - now finished). I'm trying to get out more - small steps.

Just read Grumpy's post and I feel a bit guilty - my troubles seem minor.

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Good to hear and don't you dare feel guilty. Everyone's life has its challenges and its not good to compare.

3. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

4. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

This

5. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

Lara mfl 05 and Marshall like this.
  6. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Did it send you a postcard while it was away?

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  7. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

That's exactly the kind of post I don't need:(

8. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Look, my troubles are nothing compared to two of the other ladies on the ward. I'm well better than they are!

It's all relative. Just deal with things day to day. Make the most of what ya got. Don't worry about what might occur. Rejoice in the good bits.

9. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Did you happen to find my mojo while you were looking for your motivation?

10. Nellyfuf2

Nellyfuf2 Established commenter

Well done. It's good news, is that.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  11. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Good to hear that Marshall. You've certainly had a roller-coaster 18 months.

Never compare your problems to others, we all have different 'comfort levels' and some people sail through big problems only to find a minor incident completely floors them. Others cope with lots of little problems but eventually reach 'that straw which breaks the camel's back' and is often not anything major in comparison.

Let's trust this is the start of a productive period in your life.

primarycat and (deleted member) like this.
  12. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

I'm pleased to hear it! Absolutely no need for guilt - just enjoy your newly re-found motivation!

Lara mfl 05 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Norsemaid

Norsemaid Lead commenter

I echo what @primarycat wrote . You have had a heck of a time over those eighteen months and it really can drag you down , You are such an inspiration because you are so honest and say it like it is - which is refreshing .
    Here's to you enjoying things again and wishing you continued improvement in your health .

14. Bedlam3

Bedlam3 Star commenter

That's great. Maybe the longer days have helped.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  15. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Lovely to hear this x

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  16. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Star commenter

Good to hear!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  17. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

These days I can wake up with no interest in life.Other days I wake up and can be superman. It's getting into the costume that's not so easy:D
    Take each day as it arrives and if your mojo is moving you then go for it,
    On my good days I can solve a lot of the things I havebeen putting off or needing doing.Often suprises me why I waited !:)

Alice K and Lara mfl 05 like this.