1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Long jump mini-unit ideas

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by Shiran, May 6, 2012.

1. I am going to be teaching a four week mini-unit on long jump. I will start by teaching them the cues of a standing long jump and then progress onto the runninglong jump. To maximise activity time I want to involve station activities where students can work on areas of their jumping technique. For example one station idea I hadwas to get them to pactice jumping over an obstacle so that they focus on getting high off the ground. Any other station or general long jump ideas?

2. I am going to be teaching a four week mini-unit on long jump. I will start by teaching them the cues of a standing long jump and then progress onto the runninglong jump. To maximise activity time I want to involve station activities where students can work on areas of their jumping technique. For example one station idea I hadwas to get them to pactice jumping over an obstacle so that they focus on getting high off the ground. Any other station or general long jump ideas?