1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

London Youth Involvement Project

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by nicolastrivens, Mar 3, 2011.

1. <font size="3">I am managing the London Youth involvement Project for the drug prevention charity, Mentor UK. The aim of the project is to ensure that young people&rsquo;s views on alcohol and drug prevention policy and practice are heard across London. We are currently recruiting young Londoners aged between 12 and 15 to act as volunteer Youth Advisors. Their role will include:</font>
    • Presenting their views, findings and recommendations to local, regional and national decision makers and workers in the drug and alcohol prevention field as well as to Mentor UK.
    The project aims to be youth led and will be informed throughout by the Youth Advisors themselves. However, the young people will be fully trained and supported &ndash; they will also have the opportunity to gain accreditation.
    If there are any PSHE teachers who would be interested in involving their students in the project, could you let me know? Any thoughts on the project would also be welcomed.
    Nicola

2. <font size="3">I am managing the London Youth involvement Project for the drug prevention charity, Mentor UK. The aim of the project is to ensure that young people&rsquo;s views on alcohol and drug prevention policy and practice are heard across London. We are currently recruiting young Londoners aged between 12 and 15 to act as volunteer Youth Advisors. Their role will include:</font>
    • Presenting their views, findings and recommendations to local, regional and national decision makers and workers in the drug and alcohol prevention field as well as to Mentor UK.
    The project aims to be youth led and will be informed throughout by the Youth Advisors themselves. However, the young people will be fully trained and supported &ndash; they will also have the opportunity to gain accreditation.
    If there are any PSHE teachers who would be interested in involving their students in the project, could you let me know? Any thoughts on the project would also be welcomed.
    Nicola