1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

London - what's the best way to find a primary teaching job?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by vchanin, Mar 6, 2012.

1. HI there,

I have been trawling Guardian jobs and TES for potential opportunities starting in September. It seems that there are more advertised via agencies. As it stands here in the West Country, schools tend not to really used agencies but advertise directly.

How do you go about finding those jobs? Is it via each borough? Is it possible to get on an email list?

Any help would be lush,
    v.

2. I know they get bad press, particularly on here, but some agencies are excellent. My agency have found me several long-term supply jobs and they are talking to me about permanent jobs for September too. They are called Future Education. They only work in South London (I think) so might not be suitable for you.

3. this is excellent. Thanks! I'll look them up - South London is what I'm about :)

4. Great tip about ETeach star17. I'm on their emailing list in Bristol but shall amend my search details. Thanks all you guys - most helpful. I'm now signed up for several job alerts from different boroughs.