1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

London Teaching Agencies

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by jojon28, Feb 11, 2020.

1. jojon28

jojon28 New commenter

What teacher recruitment agencies in London have you found to be the best? I have tried two - but they ignore my preferences and just suggest things that totally do not fit! "Oh on a good day it would only be a 60 minute commute"!

I am not looking for perfection just reasonable!

Thanks

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

TES does not allow agencies to be named or discussed on these forums. But if anyone has a suggestion they can send you a PM (a "Conversation" as it's called on here).

MathMan1 likes this.
  3. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

I suggest that you sign up with as many as you can find (takes about half a day to go through the paperwork for each one). I was with 6 and they were all useless except for the one that got me the current gig.

Alternatively ask every supply you meet, what they are on for that gig and which agency it was through. Doesn't mean that you'll get the same but at least you'll know what to aim for.

DISCLAIMER: I've now packed in supply (and all teaching) since a month ago so maybe this advice is out of date. Also I'm in West Yorks and used to profit highly from offering Maths/Science there, it is different in London I know.

MathMan1 likes this.
  4. speaker2

speaker2 New commenter

I have as yet never done a day of supply work. Recently I thought that I might need to do so, hence I started investigating supply agencies. Nearly went through all the referencing checks etc, but then discovered that I would be forced to find an "umbrella" service to use. Having looked into this, realised that it would mean even less take home pay, on a rate that is already too low really. There may be agencies that do not make you use umbrella agencies, but it all depends on supply and demand, geographical location etc. Meanwhile, still job-hunting for a professional job in teaching.

JohnJCazorla likes this.