1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

London street map app

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Crystalsecrets, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Crystalsecrets

Crystalsecrets New commenter

Has anyone got any good recommendations for London street map app that also has the tube stations marked on it?. I've just downloaded a free one called Free city walks and although it has the street map it doesn't have the tube stations marked on it.
    I'm heading to London tomorrow and can't print off a street map on my lappy as OH can't find the colour ink cartridge he is sure he bought [​IMG]

2. Possibly a very stupid question but have you not got google maps on your phone or could you get the app for that? (Mine came with it which is why I think I may be being a wally!)

3. Crystalsecrets

Lol i do. But can i use that without a 3G or wi-fi signal? I'm not sure how it works [​IMG]

4. If you have internet access on your phone it would work, be that 3G or otherwise. Obviously it won't work when you're ON the underground. I always use that when i'm in London. You can get a tube map app as well.

5. Crystalsecrets

Ok thanks Jenny, i need to find my hotel and stuff so just wanted a map as a point of reference for working out where i needed to go. I think if i google map search the area of London i'm going to it will store that on the map screen, so even if i dont get a signal i can still see that section of map ( just tried by putting my phone on aeroplane mode). Thanks for the suggetion i forgot i had google maps on there [​IMG]

6. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

I believe someone has brought out a map app on flat, foldable, wood-based sheets

7. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

You can probably buy it as a jigsaw as well.

8. Crystalsecrets

Ah true, but i dont want to have to buy a wood-based product. It's good to save some trees :)

9. Good move. Just remember though that travelling in London can sometimes be a shocker on a Sunday, it can tend to be 'maintenance day' with line closures. If you need to be anywhere by a certain time it would be wise to give a bit of extra travelling time - just in case.

10. Will it fit into my phone case?

11. Crystalsecrets

Thanks for that, i'm going to The Comedy Store tomorrow night, very excited!