1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

London School Trip Help

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Elohim, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Hi guys,
    I'm organising a school trip to London and just need a little advice on where to take my Year 6 students for the 6 days that we are there. I think I have considered the more well known museums/art galleries (e.g. Imperial War Museum). What about eating dinner? Any cheap places?

2. The stockpot is great....whether or not they will fit you all in is another matter though!

3. Your braver than me - 6 DAYS!
    Im panicking about taking my Year 1s to Twycross Zoo for one day!

4. mprimaryz

mprimaryz New commenter

Greenwitch observatory - learn about greenwitch mean time, the meridian etc
    Primrose Hill for a great view of the city.
    Go on the DLR - I'm still amazed at the trains with no drivers!
    Hamleys!!!!

5. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

You might be able to get a group discount at Pizza Express; there's one opposite Charing Cross Station with a large downstairs area.
    Other places to visit; London Aquarium, the Clink prison and the Golden Hinde near Southwark Cathedral, Brick Lane, Spitalfields Market, Greenwich Park (I agree about the Observatory and Planetarium there at the Meridian Line) and the National Maritime Museum (they do free school activities), a boat trip on the Thames, the Fire Monument, Kings Cross for Platform 9 3/4(!), Shakespeare's Globe, Tower Bridge, Battersea Park (great fountains, a Chinese Peace Pagoda among other things).
    That's all the non-museum sights I can think of at the moment. There are more!