1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

LONDON: Recommended agencies??

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by nes23, Aug 11, 2015.

1. I've read through the forum and can only find bad agencies listed! Any good ones you've had experience with that I can register with? Many thanks

2. neli

neli Occasional commenter

Don't think we are allowed to name names anymore :-(

But, if we are, likewise for Leeds :)

3. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Hi nes23

I have sent you a PM so others might as well.

You are right neli it is not allowed to post names of people or agencies but posters can send PM with that information. I think there are one or two regular posters who live and work in London.

There are good agencies but they are in the minority I think.

If I had to start all over again, I would contact schools directly and by pass agencies, but I don't know how realistic that would be to do in London.

4. I think going to individual schools is probably a good idea, thanks X

5. I also wanted to get an idea of what to expect pay-wise for a days supply in London? In North Wales I was getting £100 per day so I expect it will be more?

6. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

There are threads on here that discuss agency pay and you can read those to get a feel of what to expect to be paid.

Decide on a rate and be firm since some agencies may try to get you to work for a lot less.

£130 per day is reasonable and negotiate for more if you are taking on a longer term assignment that will involve planning, marking, and other duties.

Decide whether you want day-to-day or a longer term role; there are advantages and disadvantages but it sounds as though you are an experienced supply teacher so know what to expect.

Let us know how you get on.

pepper5

7. neli

neli Occasional commenter

Ah! So, anyone from around Leeds/Wakefield got any hot tips for Agencies they could PM to me :)

8. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

One of the problems with getting supply work in London is that there are too many people chasing the work. Even in supposed shortage subjects, most of us only get a trickle of work.

If anyone would care to PM me with the name of a London agency that finds them much secondary supply, I would be very grateful!