1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

London Mayor 2020

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Sep 28, 2018.

?

Who would you vote for?

1. Sadiq Khan

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Shaun Bailey

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Other candidate [yet to be announced]

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

2. colpee

colpee Star commenter

The standard needs raising.

D3470C36-B679-4C07-AD02-A7CDA166AD69.jpeg

monicabilongame and Dragonlady30 like this.
  3. Timothy_Blue

Timothy_Blue Lead commenter

Anyone would better than Mr Khan. Mr Bailey looks like a bloody thoroughly decent chap.

4. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Definitly not Khan for me...seems he hasnt done much and avoids the questions such as how he is aiming to tackle scooter and knife crime
    His actions are going to cost me money when his traffic contol scheme comes through and the so called consultation was not that...except for you to stamp you agree with his scheme.

border_walker likes this.
  5. gargs

gargs Star commenter

I would vote for a candidate who promised to replace the social housing that was sold off in the 80's. I don't know what the answer to youth violence is but my personal feeling is that providing families somewhere decent to live, at a rent that they can afford, is a step in the right direction.

lanokia and monicabilongame like this.
  6. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

I get the feeling the Tories are only going through the motions and are half hearted about it all as Khan's awful performance is good for them politically, and also not least as it won't be easy for the next Mayor to clean up Khan's mess.

In essence, if crime is going through the roof and the Mayor is Labour, the Tories can always blame the Mayor and Labour.

If crime is going through the roof and the Mayor is Conservative....oh dear....

7. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Tories building affordable homes? Pull the other one, there's far more profit in big "executive" homes, every time there's a new development round here it is for detached 4+ bedroom houses on the smallest plots they can get away with.

Then again, Mayor of London, doesn't affect me who it is.

8. peapicker

peapicker Star commenter

Shaun Bailey is a good candidate. Succeeded in life from a difficult start. Was one of Boris' deputy mayors and did a good job.