1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

London GCSE Trip

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by GruffyMax, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Hello all,
    I'm thinking about doing a residential trip with our option group next Easter to London. Visit some places of worship, Imperial War Museum and maybe catch a show (very excited about this idea!).
    I'm not sure which companies are good/competative, I've found NST and WST, are there any others you would recommend?
    Cheers!

2. weebleme

weebleme New commenter

I've just used key stage to book a trip to the Hajj exhibition at the British Museum. They've been most helpful. Do you have the man power to plan it yourself? One way to keep costs down? Good luck with it :)

3. JodiP

JodiP New commenter

The Hajj exhibition is free to schools - I hope you haven't paid too much for this other than transport?

4. 576

576 Established commenter

Neasden Mandir is amazing - try to get it on the itinerary.

5. weebleme

weebleme New commenter

No not at all, it's the transport and some other excursions. Would have liked to have planned it ourselves but didn't have man power to do it at short notice.
    Very excited though! Have you been?

6. fm1981

fm1981 New commenter

Hi,

Get Regent's Park Mosque in, Neasden Temple, Hajj Exhibition, St Paul's Cathedral, Westminster Cathedral.
    I took my GCSE students to the HMV Apollo theatre in February this year to watch the annual Bhangra Showdown competition. They LOVED it.