1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

London friends advice please

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by RachelHRostron, Sep 14, 2018.

1. RachelHRostron

RachelHRostron New commenter

Hi I'm just wondering about moving to London- who gives the most work and what kind of rates? I'm m4 at the moment? I'm currently in the midlands with enough work but looking to move and all the agencies seem to have other names down there :)

Just want to get a guide please :)

2. sebedina

sebedina Occasional commenter

Rates vary in London. An experienced supply teacher can get £120-£130 a day for general cover. If you are doing a long term role and planning and marking then you negotiate a higher rate.

I have come across quite a few agencies, but don't really know how good they are because I mainly get work from one or two. You may wish to google some and call them up and find out what area of London they cover. You need to decide which part of London you want to live as London is huge. You need to decide if you will be driving or going by public transport. Why are you thinking to move if you have enough work in the Midlands? I have heard from some agencies that supply is very "bits and pieces" and one agency told me that they don't expect much until October. I haven't had any offers of work as yet. I have concerns and worries.