1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

London bridge incident

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Corvuscorax, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

knock on effects on train transport all over

gunfire reported

2. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Scary and unsettling news. I hope the casualties are not in a serious condition. I’m hoping my daughter didn’t go out to lunch today - she works in the area.

speechcompanyinfo likes this.
  3. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Daughter under lockdown at work in Guys Hospital.

4. Norsemaid

Norsemaid Senior commenter

Thinking of you @smoothnewt, must be an anxious time, I know I d be on tenterhooks if it was any of mine.

TheoGriff, Curae, needabreak and 4 others like this.
  5. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Hope all is well. It looks like an isolated incident that was quickly brought under control by the police.

6. Corvuscorax

glad you have heard from her

7. Corvuscorax

Incredible accounts of unarmed police running towards suspected terrorists in Borough market while shouting at everyone else to get out fast.

Amazing people

8. moonpenny

moonpenny Occasional commenter

my youngest was in London at that time too but I know he got on his train at Paddington ok - London Bridge is always really busy

9. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

It’s unfortunately saying a number of people have been stabbed. Met police are going to make a statement shortly on BBC News.

10. Corvuscorax

confirmed as a terrorist incident, one perpetrator shot dead wearing a hoax suicide belt, other explosives still being sought. A number of people have been stabbed.

Jamvic likes this.
  11. florian gassmann

Just to add that the police say there is no further danger to the public.

border_walker, Jamvic and nomad like this.
  12. colacao17

colacao17 New commenter

A few videos circulating, including an odd one of a man with a knife, which he has apparently taken off the attacker, running away off the bridge (towards the camera) as the police move in and the gunshots are heard. Appears to throw something from his pocket while running.
    Any ideas?

13. Corvuscorax

I think he wrestled it off the suspect and got it away from him, I think he dropped a tissue or something, maybe was going to hold it in a tissue, or intended to wipe his hands then thought the better of it to preserve forensic evidence.

Jamvic likes this.
  14. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Reading the reports on Twitter of members of public tackling the guy... running towards him... running towards someone wearing a fake suicide vest...

If true [and not just random twitter fluff] then I am so very impressed.

caress, TheoGriff, Jamvic and 4 others like this.
  15. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

It’s sounding like it was just one person acting alone. Just shows what chaos and damage just a single attacker can cause.

TheoGriff likes this.
  16. Corvuscorax

just heard from a friend still barricaded into borough market.

TheoGriff likes this.
  17. Weald56

Weald56 Established commenter

I hope the police who shot the terrorist won't be prosecuted in years to come (as some soldiers who fought the IRA in N. Ireland are being now).

18. Curae

Curae Lead commenter

Wishing good thoughts to all TESSERS and their families. I can only offer my prayers to those thst have suffered.
    God help us during these terrible times.
    Evil never wins.

TheoGriff likes this.
  19. florian gassmann

It will probably turn out to be just one person with mental health issues. Mayor of London Sadiq Khan has confirmed a number of people were injured in the attack, some "seriously".

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    TheoGriff likes this.
  20. Curae

Curae Lead commenter

People are good and honest. Very impressed too. God help us and give us strength to fight evil.