1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

London 2012 Get Set Network Ticketshare

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Y3rocksmysocks, Mar 15, 2012.

1. As part of the London 2012 Get Set Network my school has been allocated 3 tickets to the Olympic Hockey in August (I am the P.E. coordinator). The tickets are for 1 adult and 2 children, the children must be aged 10 and over. We are in the North East so a long journey to London.
    Has anyone else received an allocation of tickets through Get Set Network ticketshare? If so, what are you planning on doing? Are you going to use them, and take children to the event? Obviously it would be brilliant to go, but I imagine the organisation will be pretty full on!!

2. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

We have also got 3 but for a local event ie football! You're lucky (I think) to have got a sport other than that. Personally though I'd be uneasy if I was the adult taking 2 children.

3. I have been sent a message saying we are allocated tickets but when I log in to the getset website it just says pending...with no other details, has anyone else has this?

4. tange

tange New commenter

Hi,
    Yes we have also received 3 tickets. Football at St. James Park in July!
    I'm not worried about taking the children. However, if you have concerns maybe the winning child could receive all three tickets and then the childs parents would be responsible?
    ps.. I'd love to watch the hockey... I'm a big hockey fan!

5. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

That's probably what we'll do tango.
    PS Not to upset you but...I've got hockey tickets! Am quite surprised they're giving them out to schools actually, I thought all those would be for football.

6. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

Oops sorry...tange [​IMG]

7. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

We got Equestrian eventing - 6 tickets (2 adults, 4 children) and as im PE coordinator I get to take them. It is at Greenwich so not the olympic stadium but still looking forward to it! Luckily, we are North London so not too drastic a trip :)

8. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

My concern about giving the tickets to a child and letting the parents take them is that they would not get used, which would be a terrible waste.

9. Yes, my concern about giving the tickets to a family would also be that they would either not be used, or would end up being sold!

I ticked St James' Park as my first choice venue... jealous that you got ticket for there!

10. Just logged on, we've got 3 tickets to paralympics athletics on 4th September. Events on that day are:
    Men's 200m, T11: semi-finals
    Men's 200m, T34: round 1
    Men's 400m, T12: semi-finals
    Men's 400m, T46: round 1
    Men's 800m, T53: round 1
    Men's 1500m, T54: semi-finals
    Men's Long Jump, F11: final, victory ceremony
    Men's Javelin, F52/53: final, victory ceremony
    Men's Shot Put, F57/58: final
    Women's 100m, T11: round 1
    Women's 100m, T42: round 1
    Women's 100m, T46: round 1
    Women's 800m, T53: round 1
    Women's 800m, T54: round 1
    Women's 4 x 100m Relay, T35-38: round 1
    Women's Shot Put, F37: final, victory ceremony
    I'm PE co-ordinator, but as it's first day back in September and therefore inset day, I bet I won't be allowed to go - shame : ( I guess one of the TAs will be having a good day out with a couple of well behaved kids.