1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

London 2012 - anyone got tickets yet?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gargoyle770, May 31, 2011.

1. I keep hearing on the news that the vast majority of people who applied for tickets will have the money taken from their accounts today - but so far nothing has been taken from mine.
    I only applied for two things - I'll be a bit annoyed if I don't get either of them!
    Anyone in TES land applied for tickets and had money taken?

2. I keep hearing on the news that the vast majority of people who applied for tickets will have the money taken from their accounts today - but so far nothing has been taken from mine.
    I only applied for two things - I'll be a bit annoyed if I don't get either of them!
    Anyone in TES land applied for tickets and had money taken?

3. My dad and his friend have had money taken for the 100m sprint I think.

4. Applied for about £650 worth of tickets for various events. According to my Barclaycard, I have £220 of pending transactions which must be the Olympics tickets as haven't put anything else on the card. So only got about 1/3 of what I bid for and not got a clue which events I have been allocated tickets for! According to the latest email from 2012 ticketing, money will be taken by the 10th June so I guess you'll know by then, but could be 2 more weeks after then that you actually find out what you will be seeing!

5. I applied for between £370 and £495 worth and only £
    64 has come out of my account [​IMG]

B*gger!

6. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

We applied for about £200s worth but nothing appears to have come out from my account.
    I guess that's what comes of applying only for cycling, swimming and rowing where we won all the medals last year.

7. Nothing out of mine either....maybe that's what comes of only asking for the cheap seats....I'm not happy, as I live in one of the Olympic boroughs!

8. Only applied for a couple of events and don't seem to have got any tickets - very disappointed :(

9. I applied for athletics, football, opening and closing ceremony and one single solitary swimming ticket, just for me... looks like I got a pair of football tix at Coventry before the games officially start...
    Hopefully I'll be there anyway as I applied to be a volunteer - I worked at Sydney in Press Ops at the Basketball and I teach Media now (and have heaps more volunteer experience in media centres for international events)... should hear about the interview in the next few weeks.
    Plus, my school has been promised an allotment of tix through the Get Set network - I am the school co-ordinator for that so we'll get about six tix for the kids and one adult ticket to accompany them... and I hope if I'm not already there, that will be me accompanying the kids.

10. Applied for nothing and got nothing.
    I'm with Blazer, it's all been bloody fixed.
    If you leave the money in your account though and then get nothing at least you'll have enough to drown your sorrows.

11. acertainsomething

acertainsomething Occasional commenter

Got tickets for the 100metres final

Can't wait for School sports day.......