1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

LOL - Mike Russell was born in Bromley in Kent!

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by Freddie92, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Freddie92

Freddie92 New commenter

I honestly think dear old Mike is out of his depth. He always appears as if he is wandering around like a rabbit caught in the headlights. He doesn't really know what he is doing. Thought it is funny that he is born in England as he is a member of the SNP! What a farce!

2. Freddie92

Freddie92 New commenter

I honestly think dear old Mike is out of his depth. He always appears as if he is wandering around like a rabbit caught in the headlights. He doesn't really know what he is doing. Thought it is funny that he is born in England as he is a member of the SNP! What a farce!

3. I don't suppose he will want this extract from Wiki mentioned in SNP campaign literature in Glasgow either:
    Russell attracted cr its side."

4. Oh that said body was the dying body of CfE - with the needle pinning a sign to it that read "What a **** Experience and an even crappier Outcome." [​IMG]

5. ryeland

ryeland New commenter

Who cares where he was born - judge the man by his deeds.

(Mind he is doing a lot of work for English education by sending lots of well trained quality teaching staff that way).

6. Freddie92

Freddie92 New commenter

I don't have a problem where he was born, but is it not ironic that he is a Minister in the SCOTTISH Nationalist Party who have only one policy and that is to break away from England? Is he a traitor? Regardless of his parents being Scottish, surely you must have some feelings towards the land of your birth?

7. morrisseyritual

morrisseyritual Occasional commenter

His description about Glasgow is as mythical a portrait as the deep fried mars bar. He is a fictionalist and it must be easy for him to subscribe to the parcel of vaguearies that is the CfE green folder. Born in England and yet a Scottish nationalist? What a mixed up man - no wonder his messages are frequently mixed and as arrogantly didactive as they are vague.
    Where he's from and what he does are two different things. As for Nationalism - it is such a broad church that right and left often cohabit in these types of parties and birthplace matters not in how misguided a devotee may be. I recall one Austrian advancing the cause of German nationalism once upon a time.

8. Of course it doesn't. What matters is the issue of independence vs unionism. Anyone can be on any side, regardless of birthplace. I'm sure I don't need to point out that thousands of people who live and work in Scotland came here from other places around the globe and will be voting in October 2014.

9. halfajack

halfajack Occasional commenter

Absolutely. What an odd thing to pick on about a man with so many real flaws!