1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Login issues

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by dmorgantini, Mar 2, 2016.

1. dmorgantini

dmorgantini Guest

Hey all,

If you're having troubles logging into community right now, you can visit http://www.tes.com, log in there from the masthead and then come back to community. There is a current issue that we are working to solve around the community login page.

Thanks,

David

sabrinakat likes this.
  2. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

sneaking in the back door has always been fun

3. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

Hello David,
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your solution doesn't work. Coming in through Jobs does though.

4. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for letting us know @RedQuilt.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

5. dmorgantini

dmorgantini Guest

How about now? Things should be clearing up?

6. dmorgantini

dmorgantini Guest

PS: Welcome to our new Registration! (tada!)

7. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I thought it looked a bit different! :)

8. Didactylos4

Don't celebrate too quickly
    I'm getting this a lot of the time when logging in
    upload_2016-3-2_18-27-13.png

But after testing I think I know why ;)

9. dmorgantini

dmorgantini Guest

Sorry, we are trying to work through various issues right now. Everything should be back to normal very shortly (I hope)

10. Didactylos4

I like the hope

11. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Can I be a really gumpymare and say...why did we need a new one? I've had a real bobbins of a day, so the new registration can be my whippingboy :p

12. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Yes! :D I managed to log in successfully after failed attempts earlier in the day!
    Does this mean we will now stay logged in unless we log ourselves out @dmorgantini ?

13. Didactylos4

At a guess because the old one kept hiccuping

14. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

15. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

@dmorgantini The log in seems to be working, for me at least, now but the 'remember me' function isn't. Just thought I'd flag that up.

16. dmorgantini

dmorgantini Guest

So the major fixes that came in yesterday was that the login issues that we suffered yesterday and a couple of months back won't happen again. And you will no longer be randomly logged out; we finally got to the bottom of that one! Additionally we've made it much easier for us to improve and fix login issues as they come up. Remember me 'works' to the same standard it worked before, which is to say, not well. We will be fixing that in the very near future. You will see a very noticeable change when it comes around.

If you have any problems with logging in (including being refused inspite of being sure you typed the right password) please raise it with me or here.

17. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Ditto. Though I see from the post below yours RedQuilt, that the 'team' are aware and on the case.:)

18. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

It's quite a relief, in a way, to know that it's not just me :)
    Glad the tech team know and are working on it.

19. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I find that the Remember Me function works perfectly, remembering me and automatically filling in my password every time. On PC, laptop, 2 different types of tablet and on an Android phone.

Well, it works as long as I don't actually click the Remember Me box. As long as it's blank, works fine in remembering me.

;)

Best wishes

20. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

@dmorgantini Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but today I have been logged out swapping between forums and the "remember me" function isn't working.
    I'm using safari.