1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Logicator for SmartBox

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by PollyB, Jan 29, 2011.

1. I ahve a class set of brand new SmartBoxes. Well, I say brand new, they have been inthe cupboard fro about 10 years so still serial port type.
    My problem is that I do not have logicator to control them, I do have the driver software but I need someting like logicator to program them. I have downloaded the picaxe version but, not surprisubgky, that only controls picaxe devices.
    Can anyone help?

2. I ahve a class set of brand new SmartBoxes. Well, I say brand new, they have been inthe cupboard fro about 10 years so still serial port type.
    My problem is that I do not have logicator to control them, I do have the driver software but I need someting like logicator to program them. I have downloaded the picaxe version but, not surprisubgky, that only controls picaxe devices.
    Can anyone help?

3. Try ringing what used to be economatics, they have connections with programme writers for logicator. If they are no joy email me at rhylhightech@yahoo.co.uk and i might be able to help as i think im just down the road from you.

4. Good plan, I will try that Thanks

5. Smartboxes are excellent, robust control boxes which have 8 inputs, 8 outputs, 4 variable speed motor ports, and 4 analogue input ports.

Logicator was designed to control all the functions of SmartBox using an easy flowchart approach to programming. The latest version, Universal Logicator version 7, will also control every control box or interface you might find in the cupboard, including the Lego NXT via a bluetooth link.

The support website at www.logicator.net has a variety of video demonstrations and examples, plus downloadable resources. It works with all versions of Windows.
    The cost of Logicator has remained the same for over five years at £60 for a single licence, £395 for an site licence, whilst the program itself has been much improved. (More intuitive route drawing, more editing features, more simulations, etc)
    Universal Logicator V7 now comes with 14 Soft System simulations which will cover control and monitoring problems from junior school level up to GCSE standard including media control using the new Ghost Train simulation (included on the CD). Teaching materials are included.

Universal Logicator V7 was awarded 5 out of 5 stars in every category in a recent independent review at this web link.

6. £395 !!!!!
    I only want to turn on a few lights.
    i am sure that the extra functionality is great but my budget for the whole year, 5 year groups, 2 GCSE groups etc etc is only £250.