1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Logic somewhere

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lapinrose, Dec 8, 2011.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Had a huge computer crash, needed a new hard disk drive, so fine, got it and o/h did his engineery bits, then went to reinstall Windows, nothing, kept trying nothing, so emailed the place I got it from and this is o/h's email to me:
    As you have an upgrade
    version, I have to install a downgraded version, so I can then update
    Err yes!

2. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Had a huge computer crash, needed a new hard disk drive, so fine, got it and o/h did his engineery bits, then went to reinstall Windows, nothing, kept trying nothing, so emailed the place I got it from and this is o/h's email to me:
    As you have an upgrade
    version, I have to install a downgraded version, so I can then update
    Err yes!

3. Lol....with an upgrade version you need the previous version of Windows installed. With a fresh install you need a full version. Any problems email me. :¬))

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Mr Spock would be proud of your o/h's impeccable logic there. An upgrade version requires something already there to upgrade. It's like trying to add spoilers, tinted glass, a sunroof and alloy wheels without actually having a car.

5. colpee

colpee Star commenter

And being Windows, you will have to cross your fingers and hope it lets you install it on a new piece of hardware.