1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Personal' started by May2, Jul 7, 2015.

1. May2

May2 Established commenter

What is going on today. Why do I suddenly have to log in and put my password every time I come on here. It always remembers me normally. I just usually click on the Log In at the top and it takes me straight through to community. Hope it is not going to stay like this to try and drive more people away.

2. rachelpaula008

rachelpaula008 Star commenter

Yes, I had this today. Usually just type 'r' for user name which is then recognised. And then always type password. It was just a little annoying.

3. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Couldn't log on for resources yesterday, which was a pity as I wanted them at short notice. I tried both my professional and home user names and neither worked. Had to go all through the log in again today. Hope it remembers it. (I'm truly lazy)

4. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Me too.

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I admit I found it slightly off-putting to have to 'log in' straight away. What about people who just use the site for resources?

Another thing to make it more difficult for users.

6. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

It's a new thingy to log in with but there is a box to tick to remember the details on future log ins.

7. Lara mfl 05

This is silly now. [​IMG]Gone away for about 10 mins and have to log in again.

Hopefully that 'Remember me' works!

8. Lara mfl 05

[​IMG] AND having to do it again! I didn't even close the lid of my computer or do anything to cause it to believe I wasn't logged in!

9. tidal

tidal New commenter

Not their greatest success

Getting logged out regularly now (though it started well)

10. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

I pressed the remember button, it didn't.

11. May2

May2 Established commenter

Now I'm logged in but it is not showing my saved forums and number of posts since I last looked. I am getting really fed up with this and there has been no comment from the TES bods.

12. tidal

tidal New commenter

It's dire

I keep getting logged out, the site is slow and erratic and a pain to try and post one minute then fine the next.

If TES want to make these improvements they REALLY ought to test them better before inflicting them on the few posters that remain on here

13. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I ticked the box but it only seems to remember my username and I have to put password in again.

Well done TES.....another upwards movement of the male phallus!

14. tidal

tidal New commenter

You should really be able to say ***-up as it is an ancient archery term

15. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

It's working for me - just one click, I don't have to type anything in again.

16. wanet

wanet Star commenter

Also works for me. Login has changed but still seems to work in the same way.

17. tidal

tidal New commenter

Having "explored" the change (unobtrusively I hope) I can see why it has been implemented but I am still of the opinion that the advantages are outweighed by the obvious disadvantages for some innocent bystanders.

It may be an attempt to address some of the most common complaints but it may also give rise to others and worse, it may not be at all effective in dealing with the former.

Unless I get told off for "exploring" ........ in which case it might [​IMG]