1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

locket photos advice please

Discussion in 'Personal' started by valencia, Jul 11, 2015.

1. valencia

valencia Occasional commenter

Hi, been racking my brains as to what to buy for my grand daughters christening and came up with the idea of a locket necklace with tiny pics of me and my hubby in as she lives in the Philippines, I thought it might be nice keepsake for her of us (we are flying out there next week, but after that, don't know when we will see her again). My problem is, how an earth do I get pics small enough? Is there anywhere that do them?

Thanks in advance

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Any high street photographer should be able to help. Alternatively, try resizing the photos yourself using Corel or a similar program on your PC.

3. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

[​IMG]

I'd offer to do this for you were it not for the fact I won't have access to my main computer before you need the pics. Someone on here will be able to resize the photo for you if you can't. Who wants to volunteer? Tidal will I'm sure.

4. valencia

Haha, thanks Duke..Tidal who kept me chatting all night whilst my daughter was in labour, bless

5. Aw, whatever sh1t people throw at this site, there are definitely positives!

6. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

does the machines at boots et al not to locket size?

7. tidal

tidal New commenter

Sorry Val

I can't help at this time. I simply cannot see well enough and won't be able to for another couple of weeks at least [​IMG]

8. valencia

Tidal, sorry to hear you're not too well, but thanks for the offer, I'll nip into Tesco tomorrow and check them out.

9. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

Do you have a colour printer at home, or know a neighbour/colleague with one? 'Contact' size prints are teeny: 35 to an A4 sheet, so they may well fit the locket.

10. valencia

Ecolady, thanks. I wonder how they did it years ago, pre home computers and printers, lol

11. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Paint? : )

If you stood a longer distance from the camera ...?

12. nomad

nomad Star commenter

13. valencia

Thanks for all your replies. sorted now, Tesco scanned a pic and reduced the size, but it was far too small, so I ended up cutting out a photograph, tricky to insert, but managed it, thanks again x