1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Locked away all winter now on show.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by fudgeface, Apr 8, 2011.

1. fudgeface

fudgeface Occasional commenter

do I know you/ Apart form the Asda vest top -you could have described me!

Fudge

2. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

I see the idiots with the cut off trousers are out in force - *** told blokes they look cool showing two inches of leg between the trouser bottom and white socks?
    Dressed by Stevie Wonder springs to mind

3. Many folk do dress well for Ascot. The papers like to display the chavs.
    My legs are also currently white. They don't even go brown in the Summer. I do hope I am not expected to wear trousers all Summer. I don't fancy the tango look, nor a solarium.
    I would quite like to preserve my skin for a few years.
    What are cornbeef legs?

4. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

Something I am sadly afflicted with. Pale legs with reddy-brown dots all over, mottled like corned beef. No amount of sunning them, scrubbing them, moisturising them, ignoring them makes any difference. *sob*

5. I feel so sad for the afflicted. Thank goodness I have kept up my daily gym sessions and that local beauty salon has worked miracles. Tone,exfoliate and a professional honey coloured spray tan.
    However having updated my wardrobe I discover I have gone up to a size 10. Totally Gutted. [​IMG]

6. ROFLMAO!
    I have never heard the expression cornbeef legs...

7. It has been 18 degrees at a push here this week, and there are half naked people everywhere :0
    It really is most disconcerting.
    Aren't they familiar with the expression "Cast not a clout 'til May is out!" ?

8. Oh God. Apart from the Asda vests, that sounds like me most days......[​IMG]

9. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Bra and vest = underwear
    ie you are supposed to wear something else on top of them

Why not hang a toothbrush out of the corner of your mouth to complete the 'still getting up' look?

10. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I had my first ever pedicure yesterday (part of a hen weekend spa package thing - in Edinburgh CK!) and now have the urge to get the flip flops out to show them off!
    Pity about the ginormous mozzie bite on my ankle though. [​IMG]

11. I am exactly the same. I never tan. Even fake tan does *** all for me. I embrace my very white skin and couldn't care less if that 'offends' people.

12. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Julianne Moore
    Christina Hendricks
    Dita Von Teese
    Nicola Roberts
    Nicole Kidman
    Beautiful.

13. I feel a lot better now, thinking I could add my name to that list!
    Here's to us palies! [​IMG]

14. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Too right! [​IMG]
    Who wants to look like they've been Tangoed, or been paid a visit by Mr Creosote? I have no urge to look like an oompa loompa. The future's NOT orange.
    So there.

15. Doesn't it mean the month of May?
    CK it isn't warm enough here to bare flesh either, but that doesn't stop them. If the sun was shining in January, they would be walking around half naked :p

16. I am going on a sunny holiday this year for the first time in ages, and I am quite looking forward to having a tan!
    Despite my pallor all winter, I do actually tan quite well, and as long as I use some good protection while doing so, I will be happy to be not so white.

17. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

There's been people in three quarter length trousers all bloody winter round our way. Mostly teenagers determined not to dress properly for the weather conditions, as they do. Has anyone ever successfully mass-marketed a fully waterproof coat for teenagers?

I see the obligatory telephoto shot of a crowded Brighton Beach has appeared in the press, so summer is officially on the way.

18. My neighbour's son is bare-chested in their back garden. It really is not that warm - it's only April :eek: