1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Locked account?

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by lunarita17, Jul 18, 2020.

1. lunarita17

lunarita17 New commenter

Hello TES

My original account seems to have been locked with no warning.
    It was created years ago and I don't have access to the email account.

Any suggestions please?

2. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Did that happen yesterday? Happened to me too and for no real reason at all. Fortunately I updated the email a while ago.

(I hope it isn't someone deliberately targeting posters...)

3. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

4. lunarita17

lunarita17 New commenter

Yes, dumpty, it was yesterday

I tried emailing them but they just sent a password reset email, which I had already tried and which is, of course, pointless given that I canot access the email account - which I did explain to them.

Oh well, maybe it's time to find a new hobby.

5. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

hmm, I guess the lesson of that for others is to make sure the email address we have registered against our Username is up to date so that we can a Password reset if necessary.

Easy to check and update

upload_2020-7-20_15-32-38.png
    upload_2020-7-20_15-33-48.png

upload_2020-7-20_15-36-11.png

6. install

install Star commenter

Be very very careful. I received some poor advice years past from TES Support Team who told me to set up an entirely new account . What should have happened is for the old account to have been deleted first. Needless to say it was sorted in the end.