1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Locked account!

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by yoda92, Jul 20, 2019.

1. yoda92

yoda92 New commenter

Hi, I got a request to change my password, I changed it, but now seem to have this new account.

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter

3. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

You opened this account in 2011, so not really 'new'.

4. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello @yoda92, the Customer Services Team should be able to help you if you are having problems with your account. Have you already contacted the team via help@tes.com? Thank you @marlin for flagging the post.

5. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I tried to log in less than an hour ago and was also told that I had a locked account and needed to change my password. I'd love to know what triggered the locking. Had someone tried to hack my account?

6. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I just rang the TES number on the confirmation email after I changed my pasword. It would appear that the account is locked after unsuccessful attempts to log in. Earlier today I was trying to post on my tablet and got the password wrong a couple of times because of hitting the adjoining letters on the small keyboard display.

7. yoda92

yoda92 New commenter

Hi, harsh, that's the point. I am yodaami2, but every time I try to get on on this device it makes me change my password and assigns me yoda92 who has no history. I can't see my likes or posts etc. Anyway I'll get onto the help desk.

8. yoda92

yoda92 New commenter

Not done so yet, will do, just so busy planning holiday stuff. Thanks for the response. It's not too big a deal as I can still access old account on my iPhone.