1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

'Lock her up...?'

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Nanook_rubs_it, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Nanook_rubs_it

Nanook_rubs_it Star commenter

Ivanka Trump used personal email for White House business

Ivanka Trump used a personal email account to send hundreds of messages discussing official White House business last year, officials confirm.

A review into her emails revealed she had used her private address to contact government officials.

Ms Trump sent the emails before she was briefed on the rules, her lawyer says.

In 2016, her father Donald Trump accused Hillary Clinton of putting the US "in danger" over her use of a private email while secretary of state.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46271021

You couldn't make it up...

InkyP and sbkrobson like this.
  2. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Reading this story earlier today made me laugh out loud and in a quite nasty, GIRUY kind of way.

3. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Lead commenter

I know a lot of company directors that cannot be bothered to have anything more than one simple password for everything at work (and at home) but insist that everyone else that works for them must adhere to computer security policy and change their passwords every 4 weeks. I recall nice Mr Obama also preferred to use an Android device, despite being told by his own IT experts it could easily be hacked.

4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Considering the anti-Trump lot argued that Clinton's actions didn't amount to anything I'm surprised this has been brought up.

If you took the Clinton actions seriously... then fine. If you've since said it was a hoax or ''but what about her emails''... you really don't have a leg to stand on.

5. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

I think it's the perceived hypocrisy within the Trump ranks which has led to posts about it - note the ? at the end of the thread title.

6. keyboard2

keyboard2 Established commenter

She should have followed the UK's politicians' example: use WhatsApp to discuss anything meaningful away from the public eye and media scrutiny.

7. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Yes, I took for granted it was about the hypocrisy, surprised that anyone wouldn't.

Nanook_rubs_it likes this.
  8. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

No, there is the question of Trump's hypocrisy.

9. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

It's the hypocrisy.

10. Nanook_rubs_it

You're joking, aren't you?

11. Nanook_rubs_it

That doesn't always work out too well:

Hundreds of leaked WhatsApp messages reportedly sent between Conservative MPs have revealed just how split the party is over Brexit.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/03/10/leak...es-reveal-major-party-rift-on-brexit-7377315/

Not that we need a leak to know that ;).

bombaysapphire and chelsea2 like this.
  12. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

Hmmm OK, I'm listening

Fair point- I don't think Trump has said that though has he?

He "took the Clinton actions seriously" didn't he? I'm sure he lead chants of "lock her up" didn't he?

So for him to ignore this latest breach would be wrong would it not?

13. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Things are not going particularly well for old Trumpy right now

14. keyboard2

keyboard2 Established commenter

Not as bad as it sounds.

Hundreds of leaks is nothing in comparison to the millions of messages exchanged.

15. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Presumably whatapps leaks must have come from someone reading the messages either on the sender's phone or the recipient phone and then passing them on. Whatsapp is encrypted and so interception and decryption is difficult (Even GCHQ are worried about it). So if the leaks are from humans they would probably leak whichever message system is used.

16. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

The timing of this "story" about something that happened 14 months ago is pretty convenient...since this just happened.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...n-must-answer-more-questions-about-her-emails

I'm guessing Hillary really, really doesn't wanna answer questions under oath about her illegal private email server, the hacking of confidential information and the illegal destruction of government records. Luckily for her, she still has her media helpers ready with a helpful defection.

17. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

The washington post was talking about it 14 months ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m-to-hillary-clintons/?utm_term=.b8bb2040e992

Nanook_rubs_it and FrankWolley like this.
  18. Nanook_rubs_it

Im guessing that Trump is deploying chaff & flare again to deflect attention from Ivanka.

How many FBI investigations has Clinton now had? And I mean real investigations, not Kavanaugh type investigations, lasting months ;).

19. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

"Real" investigations? Zero.

20. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter