1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

local authority review

Discussion in 'Governors' started by lorraineaintree, May 13, 2015.

1. I'm a Governor at a trust school, three months ago the local authority held a review after a complaint to ofstead . The Head Teacher has taken early reitirement as a result. The Governing Body has been told the report belongs to LA and we are not allowed to see it or be told any details .Can the LA and Chair do this.

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Yes they can - an LA review isn't a formal, public, process that must be published. It's the LA's internal procedure for schools causing concern. The LA has probably released it to the Chair only subject to confidentiality. In my LA I'd expect the LA to make it available (confidentially) to whole GB but I know that doesn't happen everywhere.

I don't want to be a harbinger of bad news but this feels to me that the LA has no confidence in the governing body and may be moving to replace it with an Interim Executive Board.

3. Thanks for reply. Have since found out chair has told GB one version of events ,while an hour later told a member of GB a different version. Feel been lied to.Not sure what to do next.The GB seems toxic and a IEB would be welcomed by staff