1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Local Authority back to SMT

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by ycc6763, Apr 12, 2011.

1. My first time in the forum and looking for some advice.

I have been teaching for 10 Years. I have been a HOD and more recently an Assistant Head of Year and a Head of House (5 years). 2 Years ago, I took up a role as a Lead in the local authority for an Alternative provision and have led this from paper to reality to be a successful and inspiring provision both in teaching and learning and managing challenging students.
    I now want to move either to SLT in a PRU or Mainstream. I feel that once I take up a role in a PRU it will be difficult to ever move back to mainstream. I have recently applied for a leadership role in a mainstream for managing an in-house alternative provision and been unsuccessful with no feedback to help move me forward.
    My gut feeling is that I should start applying for AHT's in mainstream but wonder if my LA experience may make me less employable than someone who has been in school or whether the vast experience of setting up and managing a provision and staff will be a plus?
    Any ideas or thoughts?