1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

LO and success criteria for describing characters

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pottyparrot, Apr 22, 2012.

1. I have an interview and i'm going to do a lesson on character description. However, as the lesson is only half an hour rather than actually writing the character description i'm just going to get them to brainstorm ideas for phrases they would use to describe a character. I'm not sure how to word the LO and success criteria with it only being a brainstorm. Any ideas?

2. I have an interview and i'm going to do a lesson on character description. However, as the lesson is only half an hour rather than actually writing the character description i'm just going to get them to brainstorm ideas for phrases they would use to describe a character. I'm not sure how to word the LO and success criteria with it only being a brainstorm. Any ideas?

3. LO: To be able to generate ideas for a character description

SC: I can use adjectives that describe my character.

Good luck :)

4. :) Thank you- that sounds so obvious now you have said it, why couldn't I think of it. Must be the stress!

Do you think it would be ok to get them to create the succes criteria, so if I had an extract and it had similies, poweful verbs etc I could talk about how the author created the image of the character and write up their points (hopefully related to powerful verbs, adjectives etc) on the board.

Thank you again :)

5. Try reading the children a good and bad charater profile. Discuss which is best and why. That way they create their own success criteria.

6. An idea I've used re generating words/phrases for character descriptions is give them an outline of a person and get them to write the feelings/personality type things inside the person and write the visible aspects on the outside. This way you don't get loads of details about what he/she looks like.