1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Llandudno day trip tips

Discussion in 'Primary' started by McCahey, Feb 18, 2012.

1. McCahey

McCahey New commenter

I am hoping to take my Y5 class to Llandudno as part of our 'contrasting locality' unit. We are travelling from St Helens on Merseyside. Some of the activities I'd like to do include:
    • Tram ride up the Great Orme
    • Walk along the pier
    • survey of prom/ High street
    However, I am concerned about practicalities: loos, lunch stops etc.
    Has anybody done this trip before who could offer me tips on activities or practicalities?
    thanks in anticipation.

2. greta444

greta444 New commenter

There's a nice KFC! Plenty of benches along the front for lunches if you can get on them. Not sure about loos. Only going from personal experience, not taken a bunch of kids there yet.

3. We go every year,also a y5 class, the toilets are right at the end of the pier, so we get off the coach at the coach park and walk straight down to the loos, bit of a walk, but we have had no problems doing it that way. We have sandwiches on the pier, but be careful of the seagulls! We have to make sure we keep food covered, as the first time we went they were swooping over us and one of the gulls wings hit one of our parent helpers on the head!

4. McCahey

McCahey New commenter

many thanks for all the suggestions, these are very helpful. We shall try and avoid death by seagull.

5. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

Make sure you include it in your risk assessment!