1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Liz Taylor

Discussion in 'Personal' started by catmother, Mar 23, 2011.

1. catmother

catmother Star commenter

So beautiful when she was young.

2. I hear all the news through TES these days...
    I doubt we will see the like of Liz again. I can't imagine her being papped in Starbucks with Uggs and no make-up like the stars of today.

3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Very true. However,I always thought it was a shame she wore so much make up as she grew older. She did look a bit over made up. I actually thought she was much older than 79.

4. Has she died?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Same here. In fact, I have to confess I thought she was dead -before today, I mean.

6. I loved her in National Velvet - what a fab film!

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

She did have wonderful violet eyes...

8. She was beautiful in her prime.
    I count myself fortunate that both my daughters have the same combination of the black hair and startling blue eyes, but they are made of sterner stuff than the diminutive Liz.
    By which I mean a loss for us brunette bombshells.

9. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Sorry, but I never rated her. I have always felt there was only one word to sum up her, her relationship with Richard Burton, and her acting style:
    Histrionics.

10. Very beautiful, and a world apart from today's film stars. I don't mean in talent - her acting was fine, but that's not what her allure was.

11. I always thought her very beautiful.
    [​IMG]

12. Apparently, she had violet eyes.
    Like CK says, stars of her day had a glamourous allure - probably because unlike today's so called 'stars' they weren't featured in every single mag/paper every time they left their houses. WAGs are the glamour girls of today (puke) and because they and other plastic females are two a penny, none of the younger actors seem to have any gravitas.
    Keira Knightly may as well be Liz Hurley and Hurley is like Sienna Miller, and she's a bit like those vacuous clones Cotton and Willoughby....et al.
    It's a sign of the times perhaps but older stars had stature, panache, glamour, elegance, beauty and going to the pictures was what people did to glimpse the likes of Taylor and co. Now, every street in every town will have 'glamourous' women on them. If not glamourous, there will be women who dress to impress or are groomed impeccably so they stand out. The stars can look quite drab if they are caught on camera going about their daily business. Same for young royals...they have lost their 'majesty' and 'aura' because they are seen wearing high street stuff and falling out of clubs in the early hours. When Pricess Margaret was caught having a fag break (with ciggy in elegant holder) it was hot news! She was a rebel! :) Times have changed.
    Thankfully those old films are still in circulation. I love most of them...
    RIP Liz.