1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Living Puppets

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by susbo, Jan 29, 2011.

1. susbo

susbo New commenter

Hi
    In my reception class I have one of those large 'Living puppets' which you operate their hands by wearing them like gloves. I am not using it to its fullest potential - I only use it for the usual activities - telling stories, making errors when reading/sounding out etc and circle time. Has anyone out there got some different / creative ways to use them as I need some inspiration!
    Thank you
    SB

2. susbo

susbo New commenter

Hi
    In my reception class I have one of those large 'Living puppets' which you operate their hands by wearing them like gloves. I am not using it to its fullest potential - I only use it for the usual activities - telling stories, making errors when reading/sounding out etc and circle time. Has anyone out there got some different / creative ways to use them as I need some inspiration!
    Thank you
    SB

3. You may already do this, but I use mine (in nursery) to be a child who has hurt themselves by running inside, or has torn a book and we need to teach how to look after books, or who has fallen out with a friend etc etc. The childen find this funny, and love telling the puppet off, or advising it. It's also a non-threatening and non-accusatory way of highlighting and discussing undesirable behaviours.

4. susbo

susbo New commenter

Thanks thumbie - good idea I'll be doing that from now on too.

5. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Established commenter

When I worked with hearing impaired children, we used them to sign..the chidlren were amazed we had 'friends' who were deaf and signed!