1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Living in Ho Chi Minh City

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by lcskipsey, Mar 11, 2011.

1. My husband has an interview for the british school in HCMC. We are excited about the prospect of living there but we are also a bit concerned about the level of pollution there. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who lives there and/or works in this school. Where abouts is the staff accomodation and is the air pollution bad in all areas? Is it the case that we will notice as soon as we walk out of our flat? How bad is it for your health? Is it worth putting up with it for the lifestyle?

2. Icskipsey, TEFL work is certainly available, a qualification will help you get the better jobs but you will find that the holiday's won't be aywhere near the same as your partners. I know a few people who do weekend and after school tutoring to students too which keeps them busy but frees them up during school holidays to go off exploring.