1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Liverpool Hope PGCE - Preliminary attachment

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by redplatty, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Hi,
    Yes you need to organise it yourself, although some students from Ireland had it organised by the University (it was still completed it in Liverpool). It is possible to complete the preliminary attachment anywhere in england so some students who lived away from Liverpool did theirs at home before moving up to start the course.
    I spent 2 days in a secondary school and the rest of the time in KS1 & 2.

2. aspera

aspera New commenter

Thanks for your reply :)
    Does the attachment take place in the two weeks directly before the start of the course, or are you supposed to complete it before the summer holidays?

3. Sorry only just seen this, it was directly before the course started. I think we went into school either the 1st or second week of term.

4. It is possible to complete the preliminary attachment anywhere in
    england so some students who lived away from Liverpool did theirs at
    home before moving up to start the course. [​IMG]

5. blobcarp

blobcarp New commenter

Yeah you can do the preliminary attachment wherever you want in England. Some people from Ireland did theirs in Liverpool organised by the University, not sure how this differed (if at all) for ROI and NI students. If you're on the KS1/2 course, you do 8 days in a primary school (try and vary the years you work with) and 2 days in KS3 (I just followed one year 7 class around for 2 days).