1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Little Shop Of Horrors Audrey 2

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by gijones, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Hi,

I am looking at putting on a production of Little Shop at our school in Kent but wondered if anyone had an Audrey 2 or knew of anywhere local we could hire one from?

Many thanks.

2. Seems a lot of schools all over the UK are staging it or hope to stage it.
    I was looking at The really youthful theatre company's website as they have loads of props too which would be a huge help instead of sourcing them. They are based in twickenham... why don't you give them a try?
    we too are busy looking and might go with this company...
    let us know how you get on!

3. Still looking, a lot of the hire companies seem to be about £1000 for the plant which is far to expensive. Have you had any luck?

4. I went to see a fantastic production recently where they didn't have the big plant, they used the first 2 smaller ones but then used a screen and lights with a moving plant shape for for the part where the plant got bigger. I've done the show many times and seen it loads and I have to say I actually preferred it like this in many ways.

Very often the large plant

a) takes up the whole stage and detracts from everything else going on

b) is difficult to operate in time with the songs and

c) can look ridiculous (one I saw looked like a green monster wearing a yellow wedding dress!

There was shadow puppetry of a large plant mouth but it made the audience have to think of what the 'monster' was that was behind the screen.

Just a thought...

5. I staged Little Shop a couple of years ago and found an am-dram company in Ross on Wye with a full set of Audrey 2s who had no crazy hire charges, just wanted a donation towards the company. I donated an amount similar to what I probably would've spent on materials for someone to build it.

I have an email address for the woman I hired them from and photos available. Email me on mim_monk@hotmail.co.uk if you'd like more info.

Mim

6. oooo do you have any photos of that you could share?? I'm looking for ideas ......

7. Did you contact the company in Ross on Wye? I'd be interested to know if they still have an Audrey 2!
    Chris

8. Hi,
    Send me an email off group to the address I provided above and I'll send you the details.
    M

9. Dave D Events now have a full set of Audrey II plants available to hire

Email davedevents@hotmail.co.uk or call Dave on 07855222881

10. I too am doing Little Shop end of April beginning of May and would be grateful for any contacts that are reasonable.

Thanks

Mandy