1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Little Red Hen rap (from Three singing pigs)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bernard_roofcat, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Hi all-

I've just ordered the book - Three singing pigs- from Amazon because I'm doing The Little Red Hen with my year 2's at the moment- and I read on here that there's a really nice Little Red Henr rap in the book.

Anyway- it's in stock and I should have it within 3 working days- but I'm incredibly impatient and want to get cracking! Does anyone have a copy of the words they could send to me?

Thanks in advance,

Jo (bernard_roofcat@hotmail.com)

2. Hi,
    Sorry to trouble you but wondered If you could share the rap.
    Thanks

3. jubilada

jubilada New commenter

Here's the chorus to get you started!

Little red hen, little red hen
    Who's gonna help that little red hen?
    I've asked before and I'll ask again
    Who's gonna help that hen?

Watch the last line - no "little red".
    I loved this - have fun!

4. Hi mynameismum

Have just sent the rap to OP - didnt read the date properly - I sent it to them last year!!!
    Will send it to you but no email address?

5. Hi. Don't suppose you could send it to me too could you? I want to get my class to perform it at the Comic relief talent day. jakkib25@yahoo.co.uk

6. Hi,
    We´re doing little red hen next week and I´d love to teach the rap
    to my class.
    Could you send me a copy of the words too?
    My email address is: hasamelis@yahoo.co.uk
    Thank you very much!

7. please could you send me a copy of the little red hen rap. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
    sarahyogispencer@yahoo.co.uk

8. ooh, i really like the sound of this, please can I have a copy too!!

Thanks,

Daisy

111daisychain@googlemail.com

9. jubilada

jubilada New commenter

I reccomend buying the book Three Singing Pigs - it has loads of other really good ideas and activities for music as well. I wouldn't be without it for early years.

10. donna4249

donna4249 New commenter

11. Sorry - I've not been visiting here often. Will sort it out when I get home.

12. TreesK

TreesK New commenter

Er.. copyright? Seems a shame if you really like the rap, for the writer to lose out completely like this.

13. jubilada

jubilada New commenter

Have to agree. This is not the only good idea in the book, it is all good and has lots of excellent lessons based on traditional stories. It is well worth buying a copy - www.musicroom.com are quick to despatch.