1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Little pots with carry handles anyone?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Weezy18, May 15, 2011.

1. Weezy18

Weezy18 New commenter

I've been looking for some little plastic pots that have a carry handle so I can put writing stuff in them so the children can take them where ever they want to do some writing. I have been to my local 'cheap' shops but they don't have any. I did find a shop that had some but they were massive!
    Any ideas where I could get some from?
    Thank you.

2. I've been given some pots with handles from a local pub. Some are probably too big - small bucket size but there were occasional smaller ones, like mug size. It might be worth you asking at sandwich shops, pubs & other food places - they get mayonnaise etc delivered in things like that.
    Other than that I have no idea sorry...love the idea though :)

3. We have what I call trugs- plastic carry all's (sold I think for cleaning stuff at home) that have a large section on one side, a handle in the middle and two sections on the other side - good for mini clipboards paper books pens number lines etc. THese were from the pound shop but actually my kids prefefr to be allowed to stock up one of a selection of bags (hand bags, ruck sacks etc) to take with tehm.

4. HI I bought two tool boxes with tools in from Tescos. I took out the tools and filled them with notebooks, pens etc. They cost £5 each but the boys love them.

5. Weezy18

Weezy18 New commenter

Thanks for the replies. I love the carry cases on the Baker Ross website! I like them because they have the lid so I think I might get a couple of them. I haven't tried Tesco (ours is only a little one) so will pop tomorrow to the Tesco Extra in the next town as they sound ideal. Fingers crossed they have some!

6. Weezy18

Weezy18 New commenter

I found some pots in B&M. They are little tool boxes and were reduced to 99p. So if you have a B&M store near you I recommend you pop down!