1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Little Big Maths

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by JO9832, Jan 22, 2012.

1. JO9832

JO9832 New commenter

Anybody do this ? I have googled it and can really only find a link to a training course which is very expensive . Are the materials provided on the course or is it the course plus more money to buy it ? If anybody does have information about it i would be very grateful .
    Thanks

Joanna

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I've not been on the Little Big Maths course (we are hosting the course next month- I think~) but normally the Andrell courses include the book

3. JO9832

JO9832 New commenter

can i ask when you say you are hosting the course do you mean the course is being delivered at your school ? On the website it was asking for £276 per delegate there is no way my school will pay that just for me . Can i buy the book separately do you know ?
    Thanks
    jo

4. When I went on the equivalent course for writing no book, and not much useable information, was provided.

5. Msz

Well I went on the Big Talk course and got the book and lots of useful ideas
    I've also been on the Creative Curriculum course - book provided
    and
    the Big Maths course - book and software demo provided

6. Well how frustrating; I went on it because everyone on here raved about it. I can understand the delivery being variable but not the course content or whether or not you get the book.
    Everyone was disapponted the day I went.
    And now I'm disapponted all over again! Time to move on...

7. Msz

When I did the Big Talk it was Alistair Bryce Clegg delivering the training I believe it is now Shonnet Bason so there will be a difference in delivery.
    When I did the Creative Curriculum training I got the book but was disappointed with the delivery (it wasn't Ros Bailey) I did the Big Maths before Christmas and it was an excellent day with Ben Harding ...