1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Literature blog--might be a good revision/teaching resource

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by MissMinton, Apr 25, 2017.

1. MissMinton

MissMinton New commenter

Hello all!

I have started writing a blog in which I share thoughts and rants and musings on different literary texts--mainly going to be set texts for GCSE and A-Level, with some wider reading thrown in there. I'm doing this because I like writing stuff like this and some of my colleagues have found my "nerd-outs" helpful, so I thought I'd make them available to other teachers, and particularly to students, for a broader approach to building skills and thoughtful ideas for literature.

The blog is Miss Jarvis Nerds Out (missjarvisnerdsout.wordpress.com). I've only made two posts so far but I'm going to keep it up. Have a look and share if you're interested.

unfoggingblogger likes this.
  2. tb9605

tb9605 Established commenter

Thanks. Great piece on Jekyll & Hyde. I love/loathe that Chapter too and am praying AQA don't pick an extract from it for next month's paper.

3. unfoggingblogger

unfoggingblogger Occasional commenter

What's your email address?

4. ashleysummer

ashleysummer New commenter

Blogging is the perhaps the best and the most effective way to illustrate the study’s findings and provide other important stuff. I have an itch to create my own blog too. I just discovered a great resource with 2017’s Best WordPress Themes by TemplateMonster https://www.templatemonster.com/blog/2017-best-wordpress-themes/ . I wanna make my blog look professional. I'm sure that a good design will keep my readers happy:)

5. unfoggingblogger

unfoggingblogger Occasional commenter

https://thevikingpoetteaches.wordpr...sounds-like-a-good-idea-by-samuel-mack-poole/

I blog as well :)