1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Literacy Year 6 Sentence Types

Discussion in 'Primary' started by wizbit81, Nov 1, 2011.

1. I've been asked to cover a Literacy lesson tomorrow and to look at '3 bad dash' sentence types but I've not heard this term before. Can someone tell me what it is and where I might find more information? The children apparently looked at 'noun person first' sentences last lesson which I assume means sentences which begin with a noun/persons name. I'm not sure where this terminology has come from, does it relate to a particular scheme of work that anyone else is familar with? Seems a bit cryptic! I've tried emailing the teacher back for clarification but had no reply and really want to get planning!

2. I've just inboxed you!

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

Your weird puntuation makes this hard to understand!
    No offence intended.

4. I think that is Alan Peat's, but I think jt was a bit remiss of your colleague to just assume someone would know Alan Peat's names for sentences.

5. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

I agree. I wish people wood check their posts.

6. Your spelling of punctuation as "puntuation" makes me wish I hadn't bothered.
    Good luck!