1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Literacy week ideas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sdspacey, Jan 4, 2010.

1. I've been put in charge of organising a themed literacy week in February and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to make it interesting. Have looked into getting an author into school, just waiting for reply and also looking into the We are Writers work with Scholastic. I would really appreciate any ideas you have as it's my first time organising one of these weeks and feeling a little overwhelmed.
    Thank you!

2. I've been put in charge of organising a themed literacy week in February and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to make it interesting. Have looked into getting an author into school, just waiting for reply and also looking into the We are Writers work with Scholastic. I would really appreciate any ideas you have as it's my first time organising one of these weeks and feeling a little overwhelmed.
    Thank you!

3. bump!

4. In my last school we did a literacy week based on a picture book. Worked really well from reception to year 6 all working on the same.