1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Literacy Scheme

Discussion in 'English' started by lynseynew, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am a KS 1 teacher in an English School in Spain and we are trying to implement the new Literacy Strategy. I was wondering if it was worth ordering a complete Literacy scheme based on the 'new' primary strategy or if I should continue using other resources. Last year I tried to use the Scholastic 100 Literacy framework book but it was difficult to get the children to take part in a lot of the speaking and listening activities and they got bored quite easily. My worry is if they change the literacy strategy again in the near future then buying the scheme will be a waste of money. Please tell me what you think.

2. Hi
    I am a KS 1 teacher in an English School in Spain and we are trying to implement the new Literacy Strategy. I was wondering if it was worth ordering a complete Literacy scheme based on the 'new' primary strategy or if I should continue using other resources. Last year I tried to use the Scholastic 100 Literacy framework book but it was difficult to get the children to take part in a lot of the speaking and listening activities and they got bored quite easily. My worry is if they change the literacy strategy again in the near future then buying the scheme will be a waste of money. Please tell me what you think.