1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Literacy room

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by inky, Aug 28, 2011.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

What sort of dressing-up clothes do you have?

2. I can send you some picture/ word matching cards, board games and posters if you let me know what phonics you are covering at the moment. I also have posters for some tricky words.

3. How about an author area- we have one with a display of mini books of different types zig zag just folded, 4 page stapled and coloured cover and plain paper inside- the chidlren are able to choose a mini book from the stand and write their own book using props from the current literacy focus- We have a sign which asks who will be an author and illustrator today?
    Ours is very popular the children put the completed books in a basket so they can be read at the end of the day.
    Littlestones

4. Mags - that would be great if you could. My email address is mad_but_sane@hotmail.com
    Inky - we have a range of princess, toy story, fairy tale characters, skeletons, pirates etc - things that have been picked up from car boots. plus a large selection of accessories including hats and shoes. It is a well resourced area, just not used well.
    Love the idea of an author area, and is definitely something that I wil do once the children are more confident in their writing and understanding of books! Thank you!
    Any other ideas?