1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Literacy Progress in Secondary Schools.

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by lgrimme, May 1, 2012.

1. Can anybody advise how I can find a school similar to mine which is making very good progress in developing students' literacy skills and would welcome a visit? We want to do some research into which methods are really effective and have proven results over medium to long term rather than trial several programs, all of which are very expensive. I have searched OFSTED reports but found none which specifically praise improvement in basic skills. I've enquired of NASEN, searched UKLA and Literacy Trust to no avail. I've had some help from SENCO FORUM but still haven't come up with what I need.

2. Can anybody advise how I can find a school similar to mine which is making very good progress in developing students' literacy skills and would welcome a visit? We want to do some research into which methods are really effective and have proven results over medium to long term rather than trial several programs, all of which are very expensive. I have searched OFSTED reports but found none which specifically praise improvement in basic skills. I've enquired of NASEN, searched UKLA and Literacy Trust to no avail. I've had some help from SENCO FORUM but still haven't come up with what I need.