1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Literacy Observation

Discussion in 'Primary' started by carbod, Jan 26, 2012.

1. carbod

carbod New commenter

Have a Literacy observation coming up !!
    Complete mind block - head teacher and Literacy Coordinator with writing being the focus - challenging the G&T children!
    In the middle of narrative myths and legends with mixed 3/4 class not ready to write the full myth!
    Ahhhhhhh ....just got total mind block on this one
    Anyone got any ideas????

2. I'm not actually on a GTP yet but you could easily incorporate a sequencing activity into it by writing out some of the key events of a specific myth and having them put it into the correct sequence of events/Chronological order and then ask them to draw a story board with some basic sentences explaining the sequence of events. If you've been doing descriptive writing recently you could on something like adjectives, e.g. give them a copy of the myth and asking them to highlight any adjectives, nouns etc to check their knowledge.... Anyway, may be of no use but it's just food for thought.

I have a GTP presentation/test/group activity day and I'm panicking and procrastinating now haha.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Role play?
    Collecting lists of good adjs' with G &T being encouraged to use a Thesaurus or good connectives higher level for G & T.

4. carbod

carbod New commenter

Thanks for reply and for ideas .. will have a bit of time out from it I think and se if anything develops!
    I did the GTP 3 years ago - anything I can help with give me a shout!
    Normally ok with ideas but this one is a complete block!

5. carbod

carbod New commenter

Thanks lara mfl as well for response - I had thought of adjective work but not sure it would produce enough writing!?!?

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

After they've made their collections have to use them to describe a legendary. mythical monster.