1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Literacy medium term plans

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by jongadd, Dec 19, 2015.

1. jongadd

jongadd New commenter

I have recently become the Literacy leader in a two form entry primary school, but I have discovered that the teachers don't have much in terms of medium term plans. It is something we have done some work on the past few weeks and something which we will be spending some time on next term, but I need a bit of guidance and help with what is expected in a medium term plan. I have seen examples which have the NC statements copied and pasted in, which I think is a pointless, time-consuming activity and wondered whether there might be someone more experienced that has a proforma or format that has been acknowledged as being good.

Thanks

2. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

All we have on our medium term plans are, for each week
    1) the genre taught
    2) the book/film/poem/image used as the impetus
    3) the grammar focus for the week
    4) the spelling focus for the week

Everything else goes on the weekly plan.

3. jongadd

jongadd New commenter

That sounds similar to what I have been trying to sort. We have very detailed weekly plans so I don't think the med term needs to be overly detailed. Thank you.