1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Literacy interview Year 1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Miss_Catlow, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Got an interview next week for a year 1 post, teaching a literacy lesson to a group of 10 children and have to introduce them to a text/poem/newspaper and plan the rest of the lesson but only teaching 15-20 mins.

Was thinking seen as I only have 10 children i could do something really creative... not sure of what text to introduce them to, any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks xx

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Start with your learning objective, then identify a text (preferably one you're familiar with and have used before).
    The best way to get feedback here is to come back when you've thought of a plan and ask for constructive criticism.

3. thank you for both of your replies think im just having one of those blank moments where i just cant think what 2 do.
    Sounds a fab idea...only got 10 children so was trying to think of a text that children can act out.
    Love the idea of making something significant from the story!

thanks x