1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

literacy help

Discussion in 'Primary' started by coffeecakes, Sep 1, 2011.

1. coffeecakes

coffeecakes New commenter

Can you help me to organise the order that chn learn HWF. We seem to have two conflicting systems already in place at my new school -
    1. By Letters and Sounds phase (although we use a different scheme for phonics not L&S)
    2. By year groups (so they lear nthe 45 Year R words first, then the 100 y1 and 2 words). THe problem with this is that when they move from yr words the 100 words and not broken up into graded sets and there are so many to learn that the teachers lose track.

Can you tell me how you do it at your school?

2. coffeecakes

coffeecakes New commenter

Sorry there were line breaks in there originally but they have disappeared now!

3. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

I have HFW that are in sets, so the chn learn a set at a time. Not sure how the sets were worked out, they used them at my last school so I have continued using them! If you email me, I can email a copy so you can see if they are of any use

julietmancey@yahoo.co.uk