1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Literacy Handbook

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by johnblack, Mar 8, 2011.

1. johnblack

johnblack New commenter

Does anyone use a literacy handbook in non-english?
    I want to put one together for my faculty (business, ICt and vocational) to help pupils in class and coursework, i'd love to see what others have put together. My school has some general resources but no coherent guidance for pupils or staff.

Thanks

2. johnblack

johnblack New commenter

Does anyone use a literacy handbook in non-english?
    I want to put one together for my faculty (business, ICt and vocational) to help pupils in class and coursework, i'd love to see what others have put together. My school has some general resources but no coherent guidance for pupils or staff.

Thanks

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

I don't understand, do you want something in a foreign language?? What is a literacy handbook?

4. johnblack

johnblack New commenter

Sorry! I want to put together a handbook which helps pupils develop literacy across my faculty (business, ICT, Travel and tourism, Child development, Construction, Horticulture, Hair and bEAUTY AND CATERING). Which helps pupils use contectives, evaluative statements, phonics..etc. We have improving literacy as part of our ofsted recommendations and personally I know that pupils use of grammar can make the difference between a C-A*.