1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Literacy - clean slate?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bambi20, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Hey have a staff meeting and have been asked to come with ideas about how we could plan literacy as the current way is not going well been asked to come up with ideas about what we want our children to have learnt by the end of year 2...ive got the basics any other marvellous ideas I have forgotten

many thanks

2. Hey have a staff meeting and have been asked to come with ideas about how we could plan literacy as the current way is not going well been asked to come up with ideas about what we want our children to have learnt by the end of year 2...ive got the basics any other marvellous ideas I have forgotten

many thanks

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Look at
    http://www.lancsngfl.ac.uk/1to1tuition/getfile.php?src=63/Assessment+and+Progression+in+Writing+Skills+A3.pdf&s=!B121cf29d70ec8a3d54a33343010cc2
    And see what is in level 2. That is what all your children should have learned. See what is in level 3 and that is what some of the children should have learned.

There are similar grids for reading as well.

4. Thanks, its nerve wrecking because the head wants us to think away from schemes and Im betting if its not in her head then its wrong lol
    I shall go look at link to check thanks

:)

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

The links aren't schemes, just the NC. I have to say I would agree with your HT that moving away from schemes is a good idea.