1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Literacy audit

Discussion in 'English' started by jonscargill, Oct 19, 2015.

1. jonscargill

jonscargill New commenter

I know this is the English forum but there's no separate section for Literacy :)

Does anyone have an audit form for Secondary Heads of Department to track their Literacy teaching across schemes of work? Anything would be gratefully received.

2. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Established commenter Forum guide

Is this to track teaching or learning? If not clear, I mean are you looking for something that allows a teacher to note when they've taught a concept or when they have evidence of mastery for individuals? If the former, a spreadsheet would work and I could help you design it if you can determine what your criteria are.

3. jonscargill

jonscargill New commenter

Hi. I'm looking for something that will allow all Heads of Department to identify reading, writing and oracy opportunities in their schemes of work.

4. achyuta50

achyuta50 New commenter

There is a book called 'Literacy Toolkit,' that has both departmental, teacher and student literacy audits on a CD Rom that comes with the book. It also has some great ideas for literacy activities which can easily be added to lessons.