1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Literacy and Numeracy tests at PGCE interview??!!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Muzelle, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Muzelle

Muzelle New commenter

I have an interview at Canterbury for the Music PGCE course. Amongst the musical assessments will be literacy and numeracy tests. What kinds of things can I expect? I've been looking at the practice tests on Teachers Talk, and for someone who hasn't done maths in a loooong time, the time constraints in the mental arithmetic make these extremely daunting. Gulp.
    Thanks.

2. Maybe have a look at the GCSE maths revision papers. When I left college the changed the benchmark from getting in with Cs in maths and english to leaving with Bs so we all had to retake the equivalent of a GCSE maths exam and out literacy was assessed through our coursework. Its amazing what comes back to you after a while and what a new perspective will bring. Take a calculator as I suspect you will be allowed to use one too.